General terms & conditions
This is an important section of the site explaining the terms and conditions you are agreeing to when you use and/or shop from the purelyhealthdirect.co.uk website.
1. Unless otherwise specified, the materials on this Website are directed solely at consumers who access this Website from the United Kingdom. Purely Direct Services Ltd trading as Purely Health Direct makes no representation that any product referred to in the materials on this Website is appropriate for use, or available, in other locations. Those who choose to access this site from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
2. Any contract between us, whether for use of the site or in relation to the purchase of products or services through the site will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and both parties, (you and Purely Direct Services Ltd trading as Purely Health Direct), submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. Any contract will be communicated in English.
3. Purely Direct Services Ltd trading as Purely Health Direct has taken every care in the preparation of the content of this Website, however we cannot guarantee uninterrupted and totally reliable access to this Website, and so therefore cannot guarantee that the information will always be completely up to date and free of mistakes. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Purely Direct Services Ltd trading as Purely Health Direct disclaims all warranties; express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on this Website and will accept no liability for any loss or damage arising as a result of problems with access.
4. Purely Direct Services Ltd trading as Purely Health Direct shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage, which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on this Website.
5. Certain (hypertext) links in this site may lead to other Websites, which are not under the control of Purely Direct Services Ltd trading as Purely Health Direct. When you activate any of these you will leave the purelyhealthdirect.co.uk Website and Purely Direct Services Ltd trading as Purely Health Direct has no control over and will accept no responsibility or liability for the material on any Website which is not under the control of Purely Health Direct Limited.
6. We may make software owned or operated by third-party companies available to you. You must only use this software in accordance with the terms and conditions imposed by the third-party provider.
7. Your correspondence or participation in promotions, or business dealings with advertisers found on or through the Website, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertisers. You agree that we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings, or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on this Website.
8. The exclusions of liability set out in these terms and conditions shall not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Purely Direct Services Ltd trading as Purely Health Direct or any of its employees or agents.
9. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
10. Purely Direct Services Ltd trading as Purely Health Direct reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions from time to time by posting new terms and conditions on this Website.
11. All brand names, product and service names and titles and copyrights used in this site are trademarks, trade names, service marks or copyrights of their respective holders. No permission is given by Purely Direct Services Ltd trading as Purely Health Direct for their use by any person other than such holders and such use may constitute an infringement of the holders' rights.
12. All designs, text, graphics and their selection and arrangement on this Website are the copyright of Purely Direct Services Ltd trading as Purely Health Direct or its content providers. Permission is granted to users to electronically copy or print portions of this site for their own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of materials on this site without Purely Direct Services Ltd trading as Purely Health Direct's prior written consent is strictly prohibited.
13. We validate your order and credit or debit card details you submit to us before your order can be accepted. Once that has been done, we will confirm that your order has been received by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address you provide in your registration form. Subject to further validation checks we may choose to make, our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding agreement between us.
We accept all orders for products and services subject to availability. If your order cannot be fulfilled you will be offered an alternative or given a full refund. We accept payment by most major credit or debit cards. Payment will be debited to your account before the dispatch of your purchase.
All credit and charge card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. We may also submit your personal and order details to WorldPay and your credit or charge card issuer. We will not be liable for any delays to your order this may cause. This information may be retained by WorldPay for future validation enquires by other companies. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery. Orders can only be delivered to UK addresses.
14. We want you to feel confident about shopping with purelyhealthdirect.co.uk. If you have a problem, or are unhappy with your purchase, then we will put the matter right.
You can return any dietary supplement at any time as long as you have at least one tablet/capsule left in the tub and we will gladly replace the item or offer a full refund for it. If we have made a mistake, we'll also refund the cost of return postage, otherwise we do not pay the postage costs associated with returning an order. This does not affect your statutory rights
15. Purelyhealthdirect.co.uk has made every effort to reproduce colours on the site as accurately as possible. However, different computers reproduce colours in slightly different ways, and so exact colour matches are not yet possible over the Internet.
This means that when you order products from the purelyhealthdirect.co.uk website, colours may differ from what you see on the screen.
If you are not satisfied with the colour of the item you have ordered, we operate a returns policy as detailed in clause 14 above.
16. Purelyhealthdirect.co.uk has taken great care to ensure prices are accurate. Prices may change over time, so if you use your shopping list within 'My account' as a way of re-ordering items, prices on your previous order may no longer be valid. However, the correct prices will be applied when you select an item from the shopping list and add to your current basket. All prices include VAT where appropriate. Promotions and prices you see in Purely Health Direct advertising and marketing may not apply to purelyhealthdirect.co.uk, and vice versa.
17. Purelyhealthdirect.co.uk provides general information on a wide range of health topics, but does not contain all the relevant information about every disease or medical condition. Information provided on this website should not be construed as medical advice. Customers are advised at all times to consult a qualified medical practitioner for any medical advice. The information is not a substitute for professional care by a qualified practitioner. If you are concerned about your symptoms or have any other concerns or questions about your health or medicines, you should always consult an appropriate healthcare professional. Be cautious about embarking on any exercise regime if you have any serious medical condition, such as back pain, high blood pressure or heart disease, or if you are pregnant.
18. Medical information is constantly changing and the way the internet and your computer works, may mean you do not always receive the latest version, or a complete version, of our Website. Whilst we do everything we can to bring you trustworthy and reliable information, we cannot give an absolute guarantee that every piece of information on our Website is true, accurate or up to date at all times.
19. You should ensure that it is safe to start on a new product if you are already taking or using a medicine, remedy or other supplement. Always read the product information contained on the pack, as well as the patient information leaflet (if provided) before taking any medicine or similar product. You will usually find further information on the Website by clicking on the 'More Info' button on the product detail pages within the Website.
20. The information on our Website is not designed for use by healthcare professionals. The naming of any organisation, product, or complementary therapy or practitioner on this Website does not imply endorsement by Purely Direct Services Ltd trading as Purely Health Direct. The omission of any such names does not necessarily indicate a lack of endorsement by Purely Direct Services Ltd trading as Purely Health Direct.
21. Complementary treatments and therapies
- We strongly recommend that you consult your doctor before following any complementary therapies if you have any of the symptoms described below or are receiving conventional medication or treatment for any condition.
- Do not cease conventional treatment or medication for any reason without consulting a doctor.
- Always inform your doctor or complementary practitioner of any treatments, medication or remedies, both conventional and non-conventional, that you are taking or intend to take.
- Do not begin a course of complementary therapy without first consulting your doctor if you are pregnant, are trying to conceive or are breast feeding
- Consult your doctor before allowing babies or infants to receive complementary treatments as some are unsuitable for small children
- See your doctor if your symptoms persist or worsen
- You should ensure that it is safe to start a complementary therapy if you are already taking medication or undergoing a course of treatment.
Some individual complementary therapies have some additional cautions which are listed at the end of their respective pages within Information & advice. Please refer to these.
Last updated 1st May 2007